A little while ago, we were lucky enough to be sent the Zu3D Animation Kit to play with, and one lucky reader got the chance to win one! Now we’ve been sent Zu3D’s latest amazing offering, the Stop Motion Studio Kit and I’m pleased to be able to offer my lovely readers the chance to win one of these too!
What is stop-motion?
Stop-motion is a filming technique that’s used to make static figures appear as if they’re moving. The appearance of movement is made by repeatedly capturing images and moving the characters slightly in between each frame. The frames are then pieced together, sound can be added, and the movie is complete!
It actually takes quite a lot of frames to make up just one second of movement.
The Zu3D Stop-Motion Studio Kit
- Brand New from Zu3D! -Stop-motion studio kit, with infinitely positionable flexible wire armature, does not droop or recoil.
- Wire armature with magnetic feet which stick to a metal and foam stage, allows for total control over the movement of the figure
- Use an Android / iOS phone as a wireless camera or use included USB webcam
- Stream images live to powerful easy-to-use desktop animation software Zu3D
- Fully featured powerful software with green screen, unlimited video tracks & audio tracks, and so much more.
Hours of fun!
I saved this kit for a rainy day in half-term and both my eldest two aged 11 and 8 had hours of fun. This kit is different to the Animation Kit as it contains a wire armature which makes it so much easier for the children to make a seamless movie. The kit also comes with a much easier to use foam green screen. There’s a magnetic green base which allows the armature figure to stand without the children struggling to position it.
The box can be set up to hold the screen in place and form a stage for the action to take place.
The wire figure is really easy to manoeuvre and the children chose to put together a dance routine with a beach background. They’re also planning to incorporate the plasticine figures they made last time round and create a movie in the jungle.
Now you can enter to win a Zu3D Stop-Motion Studio Kit of your own! Simply enter the competition via Rafflecopter below. UK entries only. No cash alternative will be offered. Good luck!
Pin it for later!