Cheltenham Festival is THE most profitable event in the whole of the matched betting calendar. It’s a full four days of horse racing and the bookies love to offer promotions to entice customers to place bets. As matched bettors, we LOVE these promotions, they’re our bread and butter! So, I’ve put together a few matched betting tips to help you to make the most out of the four day festival.
If you’re totally new to matched betting, then you might want to sign up to my free Matched Betting for Beginner’s Course and get to grips with how the whole process works.
When is Cheltenham Festival 2018?
The festival kicks off on Tuesday 13th March and runs until Friday 16th March, with seven races each day.
- Tuesday 13th March (Champion Day)
- Wednesday 14th March (Ladies Day)
- Thursday 15th March (St Patrick’s Thursday)
- Friday 16th March (Cheltenham Gold Cup Day)
Racing begins at 13:30 every day, and that first race is usually a great one for guaranteeing a profit with matched betting.
The race times are the same each day which I find makes it really easy to keep track of offers and plan when I’m placing my bets. All of the races are shown on ITV racing too!
Daily race times:
How much money could you make?
This really depends on the size of the bank you have for placing multiple bets and covering lots of liabilities at once. According to Profit Accumulator, the average profit for 2016 was a whopping £936.12 per person! Now that’s not a bad return on a few hours in front of the computer!
What will the offers be?
The first race each day is the one that you’ll find most of the offers on. Some of the bookies are already releasing their promotions in the run up to the festival, here’s a glimpse into what we can expect!
Sky Bet – £20 risk-free bet on the 13:30 each day.
Betway – £10 refund on all losers in the 13:30 and 16:50 every day.
Coral – £25 refund on all losers in the 13:30 Cheltenham Day One.
William Hill – Double winnings up to £100 as cash on the 13:30 Day One.
Ladbrokes – Double winnings up to £50 as a free bet on the 13:30 Day One.
Other potential offers based on previous years
Coral bet £25 get £10 free bet.
BetBright up to £100 free bet each day if you bet on the first 3 races.
Grosvenor double odds on the first race each day.
Sun Bets bet £10 get £10 in free bets.
888bet 100% odds boost token.
You can guarantee a profit on each and every one of these offers, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. All the offers will be published over on Profit Accumulator with full instructions too.
As well as the regular, guaranteed profits (which are the ones I will be focussing on this year), there will also be the usual Horse Racing refunds and Extra Place offers. Whilst these don’t guarantee a profit every time, if you can find small qualifying losses, then the potential profits can be huge. They’re well worth attempting if you’re a little more experienced and have enough time on your hands. For those of us with less time to throw at the festival though, I’d definitely focus on the guaranteed profit offers first.
Top tips for Cheltenham Festival
- Sort out your money beforehand.
You don’t want to have to spend time moving your money around on the first day of the festival. That’s just going to delay you placing bets and concentrating on making profits. Decide which exchange you’re using and get some of your bank in there in preparation. I prefer to use Smarkets, simply because they’re generally a lower commission and I find their layout easy to use.
- Be savvy with liability. You might automatically think that by doing multiple offers, you’ll need a HUGE bank to cover all those liabilities in the exchange. However, by placing multiple lay bets on the same event, but laying a different horse each time, your actual overall liability won’t suffer. This is because there can only be one winner in any horse race. So, in order to accommodate this, the exchanges will only deduct the LARGEST liability from your account. This means that whilst you’re still covering multiple offers, your cash flow doesn’t take a huge hit.
- Organisation is key. Keep a record of EVERYTHING. The night before, go through the offers that are already live on the Profit Accumulator site and prioritise which ones you’re going to do. Focus on the guaranteed profit offers first. Make a note of them however suits you – I use a simple diary to write them down in. Once you start placing bets, make sure you know where your money is.
- Check your emails. Many bookies will email out invite-only offers. Keep a regualar check on your emails so you don’t miss out on these. Also, it’s worth checking in on the Profit Accumulator forum in the Offers Posted by Members thread.
Boost your income in 30 days!
Boost your income with this FREE 30 day money-making crash course. Plus get exclusive access to our Facebook group!